Yesterday’s antiquated (and often disliked) Cadillac 4-6-8 engines are now the new and improved variable displacement engines of today. Thanks to newer fuel economy mandates – they’re here to stay!
In this brand new course, veteran technical instructor Dave Hobbs will discuss today’s variable displacement system operation, diagnostics and repairs. Topics include:
- Variable Displacement Valve Lifter and Rocker Control Operation
- Electronic Throttle Control / Torque Management Review
System Enable / Inhibit Parameters and Software Updates
Variable Displacement Diagnostic Testing Using Scan Tools, Scopes & Meters
- Running Compression Tests While Activating Cylinder Deactivation Solenoids
- Info specific to GM, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Honda/Acura
- Bypass Methods / Consumer Complaints with Variable Displacement Systems
- Much more!
This 3-hour simulcast of the live training event gives any non-TST member* access to world-renowned training anywhere you live!