In this course Ron Bilyeu discusses all aspects of high performance electronic fuel injection. He will cover everything from air flow into the engine by way of an aftermarket intake or throttle body, to fuel delivery through big injectors or an aftermarket fuel pump. This class will equip you with the ability to tune your high performance hot rod to get most out of any aftermarket application to get the best bang for your buck! Making more horse power is the main goal of this course and you’ll gain a solid foundation for doing so by learning about the following:
- Measurements of air and mass air flow,
- Pegging the mass air flow sensor,
- Picking the camshaft,
- Adjustable fuel pressure regulation,
- Capacitive ignition for distributors,
- Performance exhaust systems
- and much more
Runtime: 1.28 hours
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- To determine and understand the three basic types of fuel injection and the measurements of airflow used with them
- Understand how mass airflow and cold –air intakes/ filters effects performance.
- How to measure with a scan tool to determine base line power to compare power increase when changes are made
- Understand how different intakes, cylinder heads and camshafts effect engine performance and fuel requirements.
- To determine three types of fuel delivery, pressures, injector requirements and boost requirements.
- Understand ignition choices and requirements for high performance engines.
- Learn about two injector types, fuel flow rates, and requirements for different horsepowers.
- How to match intakes, injectors, and exhaust systems for performance and sound.
- Understand difference in catalytic convertors, cat-back systems, and quality materials to have a plan for your performance goals.
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!